A turnbuckle is a tool used to adjust the sling tension, including j hook chain. The sling, in this case, is Wire Rope Slings, Chain Slings, Rope Sling, Webbing Sling and other devices that require adjustment of sling tension.
Because the turnbuckle is used to adjust the tension, so the turnbuckle is designed with two right hands and left eye which function to associate the objects with other objects in order to set the tension. The eye itself is divided into three forms of eye in some of them:
1. Eye – a round-shaped hole
2. Hook – Shaped hook
3. Jaw – Shaped like a slingshot that has a locking in the point
As already described above that turnbuckle has the kinds of eyes that vary, according to the needs of users. The types of eyes possessed by turnbuckle: eye, hook, and jaw. Here are the examples of using the turnbuckle hook.
– Eye: The purpose of this type is for applications with non-permanent hook holes (example: shackle, hook)
– Hook: The purpose of this type of eye (Hook) This is for applications that have permanent hook holes (example Shackle, Eye Bolt, Eye Wire Rope)
– Jaw: The purpose of this type of eye (Jaw) is the same as the usefulness of the type of eye Hook, different types of eye Jaw has a lock that would make it a much safer to use because of possible eye turnbuckle will not be separated from the object to linking.
The turnbuckle is one the best rigging tools which can function to all application for your all rigging duties. The turnbuckle is generally made with galvanised finishing throughout the parts of it, which is intended to avoid corrosion and rusting. There is also Turnbuckle made of finishing Stainless steel that looks more powerful to avoid corrosion in the in the extreme air.